Tuesday 19 June 2012

Solar Powered Display Stand



A couple of weeks ago I purchased a solar powered display stand on MightyApe. I thought it would be a bit of fun, especially with how many figures I have! Videos included in this review.


So the solar panels are on the four legs, which makes this stand actually quite tall. You can put in one battery or just leave it to do it's thing when the sun is out. I put the battery in while filming the video's in my post.
There is one switch on the bottom which is just for the lights. As soon as you put the battery in, it will begin to rotate. This stand has just one speed.



When it's running with no figures on it, it's pretty much silent. Place a figure on and I find it does make a bit of noise (the motor working harder.) If it was in a room with noise, you probably wouldn't hear it. I had it in my bedroom and I found I couldn't sleep with the sound. Just loud enough to be annoying when it's silent!

I would recommend this stand for a figure 1/8th in scale or smaller (maybe 1/7th, but it really depends, and it can't really handle bigger figures.) If you have plenty of figures or other things you want to display, you'll find something that looks good on it.

You can put figures with bigger bases on the stand, as long as there are no parts that drop down (like screws where your figure and base connect.) Some figures don't have flat bases! Good thing to keep in mind if you're buying for a specific figure.


Other than a bit of noise, this stand it a lot of fun. Cool for showing off a special figure from all angles!


No comments:

Post a Comment