Sunday 17 June 2012

Kotobukiya 2012 SDCC exclusives!

The last couple of days, Kotobukiya have announced exclusive bishoujo figures they'll be selling at SDCC (San Diego Comic Convention.)

These figures are usually alternate designs for figures they've either already released or announced. (Emma Frost is a good demonstration for the limited versions and normal versions. The clear PVC "diamond" edition of Emma was a limited run.)

For the 2012 SDCC there will be 3 exclusives. So far two have been announced as X-23, Storm and one more soon to be announced.



For more pictures..

Look at that cute little angry faceeee!
 X-23 has already been released, and with this one, it's mostly just her face that's been changed. I think the only other thing is her belt, and a bit of grey on her top/pants. A lot of people complained that she was far too happy looking in the first figure, but I much prefer the happy face! Either way, you've got the option now!

The next one is the white version of Storm. I pretty much had already guessed this one was coming. I'd already seen alternate artwork with the white option. I think I'll be purchasing the white costume version.
Also, something to note is both versions will come with the blue and normal hands as an option for display.
The white costume limited edition Storm.
Storm hasn't been released yet, but she's next on the list for releases. Here's the normal version (since I haven't purchased one of her to make a review yet.)
The black costume normal version available soon.
The artwork by Shunya Yamashita I'd seen awhile ago, so there was no surprise for this one.
As for the third exclusive, I'm not too sure. It could either be the Black Widow alt, but this wouldn't be much of a surprise, as it's up for preorder on some websites already, OR it could be a DC character. Perhaps Power Girl? Usually the original figure is announced or released before they make an alt so Power Girl would be a huge surprise.
I'll update when they update their facebook page. EDIT: check the end of this blog for the final announcement!

Another figure they announced on June 2nd was Huntress.
Now she got awesome feedback from the illustration. I just hope they do this one justice, I can see it being a huge hit.

Huntress will be highly anticipated by fans.
We won't see Huntress until next year. They'll have to sculpt her and then when we see the final sculpt, she'll be on preorder for awhile too. I can already tell from comments on their Facebook page that fan's want it, and they want it now.

Another figure they've announced back in March and we haven't seen the sculpt for it yet is Power Girl.
We should hopefully be seeing that one up for preorder soon!

Power Girl also well received by fans. Hopefully the sculpt is up to standards!
EDIT:
The final bishoujo exclusive for SDCC 2012 is Alisa Bosconovich in her exclusive Mishima Zaibatsu designated colors. (Tekken range.)
Now I personally won't be collecting the Tekken range of bishoujos even though I quite like Tekken. I simply don't have the space for them!
This colour version of Alisa I really like though!

So pretty  *o*
Again, this wasn't a surprise for me! I've already seen this version listed on websites for preorder! So other than Storm I haven't been blown away. Nice though. I can see a lot of people spending money at the Koto booth this year!

Original colours:
Really.. I like both colours! And I bet she'll look much nicer in person!
And that wraps up current bishoujo figures being released by Kotobukiya. A couple of very nice exclusives that will keep the fans happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment